Tuesday, December 16, 2008

HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One... Problem

PROBLEM

Have a cartridge error with a HP 5610 all-in-one. Says to refer to device documentation. Nothing seems to work in fixing the problem. Please help.

SOLUTION
  1. My HP5610 was acting up with the error in cartridge thiny.
    I held down the # and the 3 and reset the unit and it is back
    in business.
  2. Is there any other error messages? Like carriage jam or something? If there are no other error then try to do a partial reset on your printer, to do that follow these steps:

    Turn your printer on, remove the power cable at the back of your printer while the printer is ON. PRESS AND HOLD the # key and 3 key on the keypad, plug back the power cable WITHOUT releasing those buttons, DO NOT RELEASE THE BUTTONS until you can see the WELCOME SCREEN or INPROPER SHUT DOWN PRESS OK TO CONTINUE.
  3. But before throwing away the (supposed broken) HP5610 I made the last attempt: I gave it the power with the new power supply and...surprise, the printer worked perfectly!!

    I hope this helps, most of all I hope you didn't throw away your HP5610...;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment